To configure the plugin, please begin by ensuring the plugin has been installed and licensed within the Bamboo Add-ons administration. Once completed, please use the following steps as a guide line:
Add WebHook integration to Slack
- Within your Slack team portal, navigate to the Integrations tab and use the Add New Integration link.
- At the bottom of the page, under the DIY Integrations & Customizations section, add a new Incoming Webhooks integration
- Choose a channel (or create a new channel) to be the default channel for this web hook, then click the Add Incoming Webhook button.
- Copy the token for your integration to the clipboard (select the text, right click, Copy)
Add Notification Recipient in Bamboo
For each build plan or deployment for which you wish to receive a notification, complete the following steps:
- In the plan configuration (see here for more information) on the notifications tab, click Add notification
- Choose a notification Event (see here for more information), and then for Recipient, choose Slack
- Paste the token from your Slack WebHook into the Slack WebHook Token box, and populate the Slack Team Identifier and Slack Channel boxes. Your team identifier is the first part of your Slack url (cleverflame.slack.com would be a Team Identifier of “cleverflame”). For public Slack channels, prefix the channel name with a hash (#). For private Slack groups, no “#” should be used.
- Click the Add button. Repeat steps 1-4 for each additional notification type for each plan you wish to receive notifications for.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com.